How Long Do I Have To Keep My Records?
One of the most common questions we get asked is "When can I throw away my records?" We decided to make a list of Record Retention Guidelines to help you figure this out. Please remember that you don't want to just "throw the record away". Dispose of your records in the proper fashion by shredding all confidential information.
Hold For Three Years
- Tax Returns and Supporting Records (Personal)
- Records Relating To Taking of Leave For Medical Purposes
- Immigration Records
- Attendance Records
- Other Employment Records
Hold For Seven Years
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Book Of Accounts
- Bank Records
- Records of Property Subject To Gain or Loss
- Tax Returns and Supporting Records (For Business)
- Personnel Files
- Financial Statements